11th Pakistan Conference
Of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
November, 22nd-24th, 2018
Armed Forces Institute Of Dentistry, Rawalpindi
Pakistan Conference of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (PCOMS) 2018 is an international event being organised by Collaboration of AFID & Pakistan Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (PAOMS) in Nov 2018 (22-24) in AFID and workshops In dental colleges of Rawalpindi Islamabad.
Scientific Committee for Conference invites abstracts for paper presentation from all renowned practicing Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons in Pakistan and abroad.
Postgraduate residents in the speciality are also encouraged to submit abstracts of their research work for dedicated session in the conference. There is going to be competition for Posters.
Abstracts will be submitted with following headings on this website/ email: “PCOMS2018@gmail.com”
- Name of presenter
- Title of paper
- Significance/ relevance
- Results & discussion
Main Topics are :
- Maxillofacial trauma,
- Head and neck oncology,
- Cleft lip and palate,
- Facial deformities,
- Orthognathic surgery,
- Dental Implants,
- Maxillofacial pathologies
There are going to be more than 10 workshops.
Looking forward to your active participation.
Chairman Scientific Committee
Prof Azhar Sheikh,
Dean Foundation University College of Dentistry Islamabad.
- Table clinics will be provided by 5feet into 5feet space to be presented by three participants per station.
- Each table clinic will be provided by with a table and one multiplug extension lead.
- The participants can set up the tables with posters , 3D models and laptop presentations (3 minutes each)
No Nails or Stickons will be allowed on the walls.
- All topics related to Maxillofacial Surgery including trauma, oncology, tmj pathologies and reconstruction, oral pathologies, implants, assymetry and its correction, orthognathic surgery will be entertained.
The last date for abstract submission is 22nd Oct 2018
Note: Please read and follow the instructions. Only the posters prepared on this criteria, will be accepted for the competition.
- Size of the poster: 4’ X 3’ (Panaflex).
- Text limit: 200 words.
- Maximum 9 pictures can be used (pictures should be clear & of good quality)
- 2” white border should be left all around (additional to the actual size of poster)
- Font of the literature should preferably be Arial, Times New Roman or Book Antiqua, Bold form can only be used for headings or sub headings.
- Stand and necessary items for the display of the poster should be arranged by the participants .
- Each college can submit only two posters.
- One poster by House Officers team
- One poster by Residents team
- Base color of the poster should be Light/sky blue (Color Code: RGB # 87CEFA, 135, 206, 250)
- Please forward the abstract/topic of your poster via e-mail, including corresponding address and telephone/cell number to the contact persons mentioned below.
- Poster & Presenter evaluation: Presenter should prepare for 3-5 minutes oral presentation of his/her poster. By scoring criteria we will evaluate lay out of text and figures, font size, printing quality, contents as regards the specified abstract headings, confidence and quality of oral presenter.
- The last name(s) of each author must be highlighted. Underline the name of the presenting author. Do not include any titles, academic or other.
- Identify poster category type clearly on upper right corner of poster (In white border area, font 12)
- Research based or
- solo posters
* For submission of the layout (Soft copy) 22nd Oct 2018
* Submission of final Panaflex Poster on 21st Nov 2018
- inviting abstracts from all dental surgeons
- all speakers will be given 15 mins for each presentation
- last date for submission of abstract is 22nd Oct 18
- any topic relatable to oral and maxillofacial surgery is welcome ( including research papers , case series )
- all presentations to be run from same central laptop, macbook users are requested to bring their own converters
- all presentations to be transferred to the central laptop the night before their lectures